We want to support you and your growing family, and enable you to return to Equifax in a way that works for the whole family. Click the links below to learn more about:
Take Note: You must be connected to the network to access People Link!
While you are on leave, you will not have access. AskHR@equifax.com to request transactions in Workday.
Remember, we support all kinds of growing families! Equifax offers $5,000 to new parents for eligible adoption expenses. Learn more!
You are eligible for paid parental leave if you are:
- Actively employed as a U.S. employee;
- Regularly scheduled to work at least 25 hours per week;
- Have satisfied the waiting period requirement (is the first of the month following date of hire or rehire); and
- Have incurred a Qualifying Family Event while actively employed by Equifax and after satisfying the waiting period requirement.
Note: You must satisfy the eligibility rules as of the first day that the parental leave begins, or is expected to begin.
- The birth of a child;
- The adoption or placement for adoption of a child;
- Appointment or commencement of a legal guardianship of a child; or
- Placement of a foster child into the eligible employee’s care.
An adoption (or placement for adoption), foster status or guardianship occurs when an eligible employee receives into his or her physical care the child. A child is a minor under the age of 18.
Short-Term Disability (STD)
The STD Plan provides birthing parents automatic coverage of six or eight weeks (from the delivery date) paid leave for natural births or eight weeks for caesarean section deliveries, and additional time of up to 90 days only if medically approved.
Paid Parental Leave
- Six additional weeks of leave (outside of STD), taken in a minimum of two-week increments. You must use your leave time within the first 12 months of your child’s birth or adoption.
- If you have twins or adopt two (or more) children at the same time, you are eligible for a total of nine weeks of paid parental leave under the Policy, during the first 12 months of your children’s birth or adoption, regardless of the number of children.
- If you and your spouse or domestic partner want to take paid parental leave, you each have six weeks of paid leave time.
- If you have twins or adopt two (or more) children at the same time, you each have nine weeks of paid leave time.
You will receive your pay from Equifax on the normal bi-weekly payroll schedule. If you do not receive your pay, email AskHR@equifax.com.
Short-Term Disability (STD)
- You will begin to receive paid time-off coverage under STD either when you deliver or earlier if medically necessary. Your short-term disability pays 100% of eligible base pay for the first week and 70% thereafter.
- Your short-term disability benefits for the period after your qualifying event (birth of your child) while you are receiving 70% of eligible base pay, will be “topped-up” to 100% of eligible base pay from the Paid Parental Leave Program.
- Your pay while on short-term disability before the birth of your child will not be “topped-up” to 100%.
Paid Parental Leave
After using short-term disability coverage (and the “topped-up” to 100% of eligible base pay from Paid Parental Leave), you will receive an additional six weeks paid time-off through the Paid Parental Leave Program. You can choose to use this time all at once, or in three, two-week increments, within the first 12 months of welcoming your new arrival. Your paid parental leave will be compensated at 100% of your eligible base pay.
What is eligible base pay? Your eligible base pay is your annualized biweekly base rate of pay in effect immediately prior to the date that your paid parental leave begins or is expected to begin.
For additional paid time-off, you may also elect to use available vacation or PTO time. See policy for details.
- Understand your healthcare coverage.
- Participate in the Cigna Healthy Babies Program, which provides special care for mom and child during maternity if you're enrolled in an Equifax Medical Plan. You can earn a $75 or $150 wellness reward for participating in the program!
- Review the vacation policy and log on to Workday to see your available time off if you are non-exempt.
- Review Equifax’s leave policies.
- Review Equifax’s Adoption Reimbursement Program policy.
- Contact Liberty Mutual before going out on leave at 1-888-398-6338. You can also submit your claim online by visiting www.mylibertyconnection.com create a username and password, for your Company Code use Equifax01.
- Remain in contact with Liberty Mutual while away from work, and be sure Liberty Mutual is aware of your anticipated return to work date for a smooth transition back. In addition, you need to email AskHR@equifax.com a week before you return to work to let them know of your plans.
- As part of your leave request, Liberty Mutual will ask you for the dates of the requested leave, your child’s name, your relationship to the child, the date of the child’s birth, date of adoption or placement for adoption, commencement date of foster care status, or commencement date of guardianship.
- Liberty Mutual will also ask you to provide written documentation to file your leave claim, such as:
- A copy of a newborn child’s birth certificate or other proof of birth (e.g., hospital birth certificate).
- Documentation from a state agency or other legal authority that shows the full name of the adoptee, that you are the adopting parent and the date of placement.
- Documentation from a state agency or other legal authority that shows the full name of the foster child, your authorization by the state to provide foster care services and the date of placement.
- Documentation from a legal authority that shows the full name of the child, your appointment as the child’s legal guardian and the date of guardianship.
- When you are ready, meet with your manager to share the exciting news and discuss your leave plans.
- Visit People Link to learn more about when and how to request Family Medical Leave and Short-Term Disability. File your leave claim four weeks or more before birth or adoption at www.mylibertyconnection.com
- Think about your childcare opportunities – even though it sounds early, many places have long wait lists.
- Our Employee Assistance Program, administered by LifeWorks, (Username: Equifax; Password: lifeworks) can help you identify options.
- Ask HR about quiet and mother’s room options at your location for comfortable amenities for pregnant mothers.
- Don’t forget to find a pediatrician! Log on to myCigna.com to find a doctor if you are enrolled in health insurance through Equifax.
- Take advantage of resources through the Equifax Employee Assistance Program, administered by LifeWorks (Username: Equifax; Password: lifeworks).
- Order a breast pump, if needed – certain brands are covered under the Equifax Medical Plan. Contact Cigna to learn more.
- Change your Equifax company benefits coverage to include your new family member(s) within 31 days.
- While you are on leave, you will not have access to any Equifax systems so you will need to email AskHR@equifax.com to make any changes to your benefits.
- Review your health plans before you go on leave to decide if increasing contributions to your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA) could be right for you.
- Learn about how the Dependent Care FSA works and how to add dependent care coverage.
- Consider making your child a beneficiary for your 401(k) or Life Insurance benefits.
- You may want to elect supplemental child life insurance coverage.
- Be sure to review and update your tax withholdings.
- When you transition into leave status, your computer access will be turned off until your scheduled return. We want you focus on your family during this time, not work!
- However, you must still change your Equifax company benefit coverage to include your new family member(s) within 31 days. If you need to make changes to your benefits email AskHR@equifax.com with the details of the changes you want to make.
- Contact Fidelity to learn about savings options for your new addition. From how to manage daycare expenses, to saving for college, they are there to help along the way.
- Contact your manager to discuss how and when you will return to work. If you foresee issues with your previous work schedule, be sure you make your manager aware.
- Find the mother’s rooms at your site and gain access, if needed.
- Contact Liberty Mutual and confirm your return to work so that computer access and additional accounts can be reactivated on a timely basis.
- Find helpful employee discounts through Equifax at Beneplace, including discounts on baby supplies and children’s educational services.
- Make use of your financial wellness resources to prepare for increased expenses and saving for education.
- Learn small steps now to help with saving for college with the help of Fidelity.